Tuesday, December 22, 2009

COMM Post--Taking a Break to See the USA

I am flying to Missouri to celebrate Xmas and taking a break from waking up at 3 am, working on a book, song and video. This is the first time in my life I have taken two vacations in one year. After spending 10 days traveling and meeting my long lost relatives in Japan, I would like to vacation in new places to experience a fuller life while I am alive. Waking up in Japan each day made my mind absorb new things I had never saw with my eyes.

Done with the song for now and have moved on to creating a concept for the COMM video. After talking and devising for six hours with Jesse last Wednesday, we came up with a few ideas and decided on one for now. Jesse wants to push his technical and creative side, and boldly venture into uncharted video production and editing waters, and try something new. I predict that this song and video will surprise everyone I know, including all YouTube viewers, receive a lot views and hits, and launch my book and this video into super-stardom.

I looked at GoDaddy, Yahoo Business, and Google for web site support, but have not decided yet, and will assess the price and options I can get for my money.

I talked to Steve about re-shooting the cover in the next four weeks. He needs to get some lights and we are ready to shoot.

I researched POD (Publishing On Demand) and found an inexpensive and hopefully reliable company, BookLocker, to publish my book for $317, if I provide my own cover. iUniverse, CreateSpace, Trafford, AuthorHouse, Xlibris, Lulu are high priced POD companies.

I have been writing poetry lately and am enjoying myself. I chose to not edit my final product and want my thoughts and words to live freely without refined words picked from a thesaurus.

I took some photos of a physical cancer museum in April 2009 while in Phoenix, Arizona. I will post these creative and expressive photos on my web site in 2010. This is the first physical museum I have seen that truly expresses the cancer experience in physical art/structures.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa to all!

Live your lives happily!

Treat others like you want to be treated!

Live your life like it may be your last day alive!

Believe me, if you have not been at the door of Death, you would live your life harder and more happily if you were.

Peace out,

Waltdog77

No comments:

Post a Comment