Sunday, January 30, 2011

My first book reading ever will be at Florey's Book Co. in Pacifica on March 19, 2-4pm

I am so excited to announce that I will be holding my first book reading for my new book, Cancer on my Mind, at Florey's Book Co. Florey's Book Co., 2120 Palmetto Ave. Pacifica, CA 94044 (650) 355-8811 in Pacifica, California. I will be reading my part, a newly diagnosed brain tumor survivor, undergoing cancer diagnosis, brain surgery, radiation and chemotherapy treatments, and all of the emotional and mental activities that occur.

If you have not read Cancer on my Mind, the book is unique to any brain tumor or cancer survivor book, because it contains a talking brain tumor (in italicized font in the book), whose mission is to kill me.

I will have a person, yet to be selected, read the talking tumor dialogue at the book read at Florey's Book Co.

Check out my book web site at http://canceronmymind.com/Cancer_On_My_Mind/Home.html

My front page book summary states:

"Cancer on my Mind, by Walter Kornichuk, is atypical among non-fiction brain tumor survivor books because it is narrated by a talking tumor that I battle for my survival. Applying a cancer patient versus brain tumor (man against himself) approach to surviving a brain tumor enabled me to learn about my enemy, apply a “never give up attitude” to try to defeat it, and provide insight into what a cancer patient deals with mentally and physically. The book is unique and worthwhile because the tumor dialogue is outrageously funny, bringing humor to a life-and-death struggle that has touched the lives of many Americans."

My book can be purchased at BookLocker.com, http://booklocker.com/books/5123.html

Thank you for your support.

"If you encounter anything in life that you think you can't accomplish, take the task on daily, and you will at least accomplish something each day. Who knows, after you do this for a year or 365 days, you might be done."

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Go gettum Walter :)
    Love ya,
    monique

    ReplyDelete