Monday, March 23, 2009

COMM Post--Another Feather in My Cap

I received an awesome book blurb from Jorge Lazareff, M.D., Geri and Richard Brawerman Chair in Pediatric Neurosurgery at UCLA.

“There are a large number of cancer patients who had the courage to share their feelings and travails after the diagnosis of a ghost evoking disease. I have derived a lesson from each one of the many memoirs I have read. What makes “Cancer on My mind” stand tall among its peers is its prose, bordering with the profane, always witty, closer to Bukowsky than to Dr. Phil. I congratulate the authors for his triumphs.”

I am still trying to figure out what Charles Bukowsky and Walter Kornichuk have in common, but I am very happy with the praise for Cancer On My Mind. Bukowsky wrote the script for Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway, and I am content with a glass of Merlot, and sliced Brie and Hi-Ho crackers. Is that a connection?

Tim is helping me connect my domain, canceronmymind.com to my canceronmymind.blogger.com site. I hope to launch my web site this week, containing brain tumor information sites and a few inspirational Lance Armstrong videos.

I am editing the double-spaced 211 page manuscript into a compact single-spaced 84 pages, to mail off to Oprah Winfrey at Harpo Productions in Chicago, and Senator Kennedy in Washington, D.C. and Boston.

I say, Never aim to high when you wish for something.

Here is a quote from Steve Jobs, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.

"We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know?
And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it."

I say, "Run away from the doubters, and laugh and create the unknown with the dreamers."

In November 2008, Harpo Productions, Inc. announced that the Oprah Winfrey show will continue through the 2010-2011 season. We would certainly welcome and hope that The Oprah Winfrey Show would continue in syndication beyond that, but that is a decision only Ms. Winfrey will be making,” said a CTD spokesperson in a statement. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2128545/posts)

This gives me a lot of time to construct and get my promotional monster, canceronmymind.com, up and running.

1 comment:

  1. My God you are a Monster!!! Right on dude, hell yeah aim high! Fantastic blurb for book and very cute profile pic.
    Got bad news last night. My girlfriend with lung cancer just got her PET results and she has mets to the brain now. Big blow. She just found out late yesterday. I know it's not the same thing as yours but get that web site up babe! Power on man, you are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete