Monday, March 30, 2009

COMM Post--Dream or reality mailings...

I have read a few similar sayings over the years:
Doers do, doubters don't do;
Dreamers sit on the fence and dream, and risk takers jump off the fence and build their dream one day at a time, until it becomes a living and breathing reality.

I finished Cancer On My Mind in Jan 2009 and have not taken the time to celebrate its completion. I jumped head first into a new phase of book publishing, which I have no experience in.

Publishing a book is hard, but not as hard as completing a manuscript. A writer (and the significant others who still believe in him or her) must work on a plan (book proposal and query letter) to hook a book agent to represent him or her.

I finished constructing my plan, complete with four awesome reviews from prominent doctors from UCLA, UCSF, and Harvard Medical School, and am ready to send my query letter to 20+ book agents, seeking representation, toward a book publishing contract.

I bought a new Brother 2140 monochrome laser printer, installed the driver software this morning, and printer three formal letters, two to Senator Kennedy in Boston and Washington D.C., and one to Oprah Winfrey in Chicago. I am not begging for them to help me publish my book, but to share my book with cancer patients or those suffering from life threatening illnesses, and people who would like to read a fast-paced saga about a brain tumor patient who uses positive thinking to defeat cancer.

I know what some of you must be thinking...is this guy crazy!!

No, I am not crazy, but I do believe in myself and the impact my book will have on newly diagnosed cancer patients, looking for a glimmer (and hopefully a lot of hope) to beat their illness, and live a long and healthy life.

Eight years and fours months ago, I wished that I could have stumbled upon a book like mine, to inspire a newly diagnosed cancer patient, to use the strength that I already possessed in my mind and body to beat cancer.

I discovered this quote by Steve Jobs in a quote web site in January 2009:

We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.
Life is brief, and then you die, you know?
And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.

I am happy to still have my life and I know my book is damn good.

Look out world Cancer On My Mind is getting published in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment