Monday, March 16, 2009

COMM Post--Persistent-Patience, Patient-Persistence

I took a needed break from the book on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. I hit it hard on Sunday night and emailed 12 doctors from USC, U of Colorado, among other top universities in Neurology. I received a positive comment from Dr. Chang, my oncologist since 2000, Susan Chang, MD, PhD, Associate Professor in Residence in the Department of Neurological Surgery and Director of Clinical Services on the Neuro-Oncology Service of the Brain Tumor Research Center at UCSF. “A unique perspective of living with a that lends insight into the many challenges that patients face. This also highlights that despite the known odds, that on an individual basis, this terrible disease can be overcome.” How do I think these kinds of comments will help my book? Credibility among agents and publishers, and readers of all kinds.Allen emailed me today that the treatment for the screenplay could be done as soon as in a few days. I talked to Steve today about the book cover. He needs to re-shoot the head shots again, and then he will email the pics to a more experienced friend in PhotoShop and digital design. I subscribed to Literary Marketplace and collected 20 book agents who I will send my query letter to in the next week or so. The book is coming together, slowly, but surely. Everyday seems to bring more support for the book. I actually believe I will get an agent to acquire a publisher and bag this mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment