Wednesday, October 21, 2009

COMM Post--If You Can't Email, Go Old School and Snail Mail It...

I am close to exhausting my supply of emailing book agents with query letters via the resourceful and free Agent Query web page.

I finished my book proposal, after six months of enjoying my free during the Spring and Summer, writing a song/music/recording the vocals, and working a full-time job. The book proposal includes: book synopsis; my marketing plan; audience; chapter outline; sample chapters; chapter summaries; competing books; and bio.

I sent out a few book proposal via snail mail and contain the mysterious SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope). Will the envelope ever make it back and will it contain good or bad news. I picture my SASE as a message in a bottle, floating in the abyss of a book agents pile of book proposals. Come back to me, at least send the damn thing back, whether it is good or bad news, let's get the SASE machine going!

I received four wonderfully creative pages from my screenwriter/professor, Alan, in Nor Cal containing an interactive visit between my Mom, me, and my neurosurgeon, and how to learn visualization for fun and dealing with stressful times in my life; surviving a 80 minute MRI scan. Thank you Alan for your dedication to my book project. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment